Welcome to Scarlet Cord

Hello! My name is Kris Keese and thank you for visiting my little blog where I share my needle felted and now watercolor journey as well as a few of those life experiences along the way. Please let me know you were here-I would love to hear from you!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Making Wet Felt Coasters

Dyeing the wool.

I am getting so I really enjoy making these coasters. Color combos will pop into my head and I can't wait to make them into something. The red and brown ended up reminding me of chocolate covered cherries.
Off to cut them. I hope someday to use the scraps for ATC's.

2 comments:

  1. do you dye your own wool, Kris? and if so..what do you use? ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do dye some of my wool. I use food coloring and vinegar (cheap and easy). If I heat set it well it is color fast and doesn't fade. I can't dye certain colors such as true blues, red, black, brown or grays, so I buy those. As you saw in the picture I just use my canning jars and do small amounts at a time. I really appreciate your interest:)

    ReplyDelete