Welcome to Scarlet Cord

Hello! My name is Kris Keese and thank you for visiting my little blog where I share my needle felted and now watercolor journey as well as a few of those life experiences along the way. Please let me know you were here-I would love to hear from you!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Little Fairy Princess Turns Two


We just returned from a very busy two week vacation. One of the highlights was being able to celebrate our granddaughter Carissa's second birthday.


I finished her crown!


The flowers are crocheted with glass bead centers. I sewed
on lots and lots of ribbon and lace for the back closure.
It is time to Celebrate in the Fairy Glen.

My daughter made the banner - one for each of her kids.
Isn't she talented!

Our little Fairy Princess is arriving.

She likes what she sees.

Her brother is ready to help her blow out the candle.

On her royal throne with her crown on her head.


4 comments:

  1. I love it! Special memories, and lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, They are special memories and eating breakfast in Bakersfield with you is one of them:)

      Delete
  2. So adorable! I love the idea of birthday hats!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn. It was my daughter, Sarah's idea.

      Delete